Handicapper Frank Cotolo picks horses with overlay potential to help your wagers pack a bigger punch.
The 2017 Delaware, Ohio fair meet runs from Sept. 17—Sept. 21, highlighted by America’s Pace, The Little Brown Jug. I am sharing some personal investment opportunities for many events during the week’s race programs.
These “investment opportunities” are suggested contenders, horses I consider outsiders (though “press time” is well before the wagering takes place and no odds are guaranteed). They are selections I feel may offer value for win, place and show bets, as well as for exotic wagering.
After your personal handicapping is complete, take a look at the daily suggestions; hopefully, they will help your scores be bigger and better.
Tuesday, Sept. 19
(3) Caviar’s Triumph shold be measured by his races prior to Sept. 7. Toss out his Dayton start and fair start before that and each race sans a break, is a strong effort. He will not be given a good shot by the crowd today.
(2) The Ladies Man goes for new connections after being claimed in a race where he lost at 5-2. Before that, he has chased foes as good, if not better, than these with sufficient support. The majority should pass on him.
(2) Moon In My Shine could be the sole speed here but will she be embraced by bettors? We doubt it, since the morning line reflects other horses’ factors may be more important. That’s good for value, because this mare could be made for this track.
(6) Dontforgetmaster may not have won a race yet but his campaign this season has been productive enough to make him a contender here where he could break his maiden at a great price
(8) Faith Prevails will, of course, be dismissed by many due to post alone but that only entices those of us who look for a good price that can overcome the adversity. With seven for 11 wins this season, we doubt if the horse will be as nervous about the post as the public.
(9) Bealot comes from Chris Beaver’s crew and cannot be dismissed for any reason. Still, the crowd will lean to the obvious choices around him. Ten starts have resulted in seven paydays and he seems the type that weaves his way into the mix in all situations, which is a good characteristic for this track.
R1 Lunetta 5th; R2 Triumphant Swing 1st $9.60, $5.80, $3.20; R7 Dejarming 7th; R9 Got It Good 3rd $2.60; R10 Away My Baby 2nd $4.40, $2.60; R13 Angela Nichole 2nd $9.60, $3.20
Luck to all of you using any of these as you so choose. We will be back for Wednesday’s program with more choices and a log on how we are doing by press time.