Handicapper Frank Cotolo picks horses with overlay potential to help your wagers pack a bigger punch.
The 2017 Delaware, Ohio fair meet runs from Sept. 17—Sept. 21, highlighted by America’s Pace, The Little Brown Jug. I am sharing some personal investment opportunities for many events during the week’s race programs.
These “investment opportunities” are suggested contenders, horses I consider outsiders (though “press time” is well before the wagering takes place and no odds are guaranteed). They are selections I feel may offer value for win, place and show bets, as well as for exotic wagering.
After your personal handicapping is complete, take a look at the daily suggestions; hopefully, they will help your scores be bigger and better.
Monday, Sept. 18
(2) Lunetta is another filly by Manofmanymissions (we backed one on Sunday) and the only progeny of that sire in this eight-horse field of youngsters. Over and over this season, the sire has produced youngsters passed over by bettors, leaving those that win for value players.
(2) Triumphant Swing has great trotting blood but faces a probable favorite by Manofmanymissions. However, the Manofmanymissions filly, Man The Keg, is likely to be over bet here, and even as a second choice, the daughter of prolific sire Triumphant Caviar, is probably worth backing.
(5) Dejarming has won two of 11, not bad for winners in this field and although she had made less money than the rest she is in a good spot leaving from post 5 and could have a role in the first three finishers, if not as an upset winner.
(7) Got It Good has been good to us already this season with four wins and two places in 11 starts. He may be overlooked here for more obvious entries and for an outside post, but those are more reasons to make his odds rise.
(5) Away My Baby has a sterling record finishing on the board this season and though he may be the third public choice he will offer more than expected in this short, tight field.
(2) Angela Nichole is in a super spot to get a ground-saving trip and has better credentials than the betting public will attribute to her with support. The two morning-line favorites appear to appeal for their speed badges, which may mean next to nothing in this situation.
R1 Mountaineer Lady 6th; R3 Shes A Hot Topic 5th; R6 Dragon Me Down 5th; R11 Monarch Baur 4th.
Luck to all of you using any of these as you so choose. We will be back for Wednesday’s program with more choices and a log on how we are doing by press time.