from the Standardbred Retirement Foundation
The Standardbred Retirement Foundation’s 12 Days of Giving campaign is a great way to help a horse in need during the holidays, whether it is your gift to a horse in need; a gift to someone who loves horses and would be delighted to receive this caring gesture; or you just need a tax-deduction for enjoying a good year, thanks to your race horses.
Here is SRF’s holiday wish list for the 12 Days of Giving which starts today and ends on Friday (Dec. 23) to benefit the 218 trotters and pacers under SRF’s full care, all hoping for caring homes.
1. Fill the hayloft for a month for geldings that stand by the fence and flirt with the girls — $925
2. Vaccinate one for Tetanus, Rabies, Potomac Fever or any endemic disease so we can keep the vet at bay — $25
3. A new pair of shoes for one with ouchy feet — $125.
4. Senior feed for a month for an oldie but goodie — $100
5. Retire one granny, or gramps to your care, priceless
6. Be SRF’s special sponsor for this Prix ‘d Amerique fund raising trip — $4,000
7. Rehabilitate one from an injury until spring so he can have a new life in a wonderful adoptive home when summer greets us — $1,200
8. A visit from the equine dentist for one with a painful point — $50
9. Transport a horse to safety and give a month of much needed TLC — $500
10. Be SRF’s special sponsor for the Elitlopp fund raising trip in May — $3,200
11. Please, we need a hot water heater for the barn for the horses, and our hands and fingers are cracking; it is so cold — $325.
12. Be a friend to one sweet mare, or a friendly gelding, with a $20 a month sponsorship
Since 1989 SRF is unique in its mission as it is dedicated solely to Standardbred horses; helps them regardless of age; retires those in need; and follows up every adoption for life to insure good care continues, but all of this can only be done with the help of caring donors.
Visit many of the 208 horses on SRF’s website and reminisce with some you may recall from their glory days on the oval such as Cleverest Endeavor, Comical Star A, Lantern’s Law, Friday At Five and Idlewood Phoenix who collectively have made nearly $2 million.
To make a tax deductible gift please contact Tammy at 732.446.4422; visit SRF’s website at www.AdoptaHorse.org and go to donate; donate through Paypal at Admin@srfmail.co and make a note in your payment; or use our mailing address at 353 Sweetmans Lane, Ste. 101, Millstone Twp., NJ.