original story published on Standardbred Canada
It has been shown time and time again that support pours in when harness racing industry participants are in need. The industry itself is well aware of it, but now officials at GoFundMe are seeing horse racing’s generosity first hand.
The Central Ontario Standardbred Association set up the page (for complete info, click here) and the support has, obviously, been enormous – in so much that officials with GoFundMe are overwhelmed with the response that they have seen to the initiative.
GoFundMe officials have told Trot Insider that the official barn fire fund is currently among the top five most successful GoFundMe campaigns in Canada’s history.
“The fire that took place at the Classy Lane Stables is beyond heartbreaking. It is incredible to see the sheer amount of support that has taken place on the GoFundMe campaign,” said GoFundMe’s media director, Kelsea Little. “The GoFundMe Team is thinking of all those affected during this incredibly difficult time.”
In addition to the GoFundMe account, individuals associated with all aspects of the horse racing industry have stepped forward with many other initiatives. To read more about some of those initiatives, click the associated links which appear below.
• Support Continues For Fire Victims
• Sharpe Farm Supplies Stepping Up
• Update: Stallion Auction For Classy Lane
• Sorella, Alagna, Partners Step Up
• Horsepeople Mobilizing After Fire
• More Support Pledged To Fire Victims
• Lakeshore Steps Up For Fire Victims
• Maritime Support For Fire Victims
• WEG Donates Initial $10,000 To Fund