Cover photo by Bradley Conrad
In an effort to take harness racing fans from the grandstand to the winner’s circle, the U.S. Trotting Association, in partnership with racetracks and sales companies, is conducting a series of seminars, mixers and receptions to introduce people to the fun and excitement of owning harness racehorses.
The events will give participants a chance to experience harness racing up close and personal, as well as to provide chances to meet some key industry players, such as current owners and trainers, who can help get them started.
“When we hosted the USTA Industry Summit back in July, the participants on the panel consistently indicated the importance of introducing potential new owners to our great sport,” said Mike Tanner, USTA executive vice president and CEO. “These events are the first step in that process. We know there are people attending and watching races right now that probably have no idea that they can be part of the lives of these amazing athletes.
“We want to show them the way to the winner’s circle.”
Below is a calendar of events. New events are being planned and announced all the time, so visit http://shop.ustrotting.com/events.aspx for updates:
- September 12 – Goshen, NY Ownership Seminar (NY)
- September 23 & 24 – Speakers Series at Little Brown Jug OH no RSVP needed
- October 3 & 4 – Night at The Red Mile & Brunch at Fasig-Tipton (KY)
- October 10 & 31 – Behind the Scenes at The Meadows (PA)
- November 5 – Harrisburg, PA Mixer (PA)
- February 11-13 – Florida Owners School (FL)
- June 1-4 – USTA Standardbred Driving School (OH)