Adios Week at The Meadows kicks off July 22 with Adios elims.
Adios Week, the annual extravaganza of top-quality harness racing, family-oriented fun, food and music, kicks off Saturday (July 22) at The Meadows with eliminations for the $450,000 (est.) Delvin Miller Adios Pace for the Orchids, one of harness racing’s premier events for 3-year-old pacers.
The Adios final the following Saturday, the 51st edition of the prestigious stake, highlights the action-packed week. Between the eliminations and the final, The Meadows and the Meadows Standardbred Owners Association will offer a variety of activities to complement eight Grand Circuit stakes featuring some of the best trotters and pacers on the continent.
Adios Week highlights include:
• Saturday, July 22, post time 1:05 p.m. — The card includes Adios eliminations and a $180,000 (est.) Pennsylvania Sires Stake for freshman colt and gelding pacers. Racing Player Rewards members are eligible for an Adios cap giveaway.
• Monday, July 24, post time 1:05 p.m. — Racing Player Rewards members may participate in a handicapping contest, with 60,000 bonus points up for grabs.
• Tuesday, July 25, post time 1:05 p.m. — All fans can take the “Trifecta Challenge” and win valuable prizes.
• Wednesday, July 26, post time 1:05 p.m. — Bingo! That cry will reverberate through the Racebook as fans play “Harness Racing Bingo.”
• Friday, July 28, post time 5 p.m. — The action will be on track, on the apron and in the Racebook. The card includes the Ed Ryan and the Judge Joe McGraw, a pair of Arden Downs Grand Circuit stakes for 2-year-old trotters with combined purses estimated at $103,000. Food trucks will serve fans on the apron while a DJ spins records. In the Racebook, patrons may observe the preparation of the blanket of orchids destined for the Adios winner.
• Adios Day, Saturday, July 29, post time 12 noon — Food trucks, music and of course, the Adios final. The power-packed card also will offer special wagers and five other Grand Circuit stakes, including the $110,000 (est.) Quinton Patterson Adioo Volo for 3-year-old filly pacers.
by Evan Pattak, for The Meadows